Old 30-11-2013, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default Twitter OT

I'm 62 and have been using Facebook for about 3 years. Prior to that I was totally dismissive about it! I frequent the various speciality plant groups and find the discussions quite interesting, which is why I stay. They can be pictorially quite intense - rather helpful for id'ing obscure plants. FB also helps me keep in more immediate touch with friends from other parts of the world, which is also useful. Very occasionally, I'm guilty of a mindless or utterly inconsequential comment on my own page, but no-one has to read that or respond to it. As for Twitter, I'm afraid I simply cannot get on with it. I find the truncated comments all too annoying so I hardly ever look in nowadays. You get what you want from social 'meeja' and if you look for tripe, you'll find plenty. I don't, so I hardly ever see it.