Old 30-11-2013, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Twitter OT

On 30/11/2013 00:30, Dave Poole wrote:
I'm 62 and have been using Facebook for about 3 years. Prior to that
I was totally dismissive about it! I frequent the various speciality
plant groups and find the discussions quite interesting, which is why
I stay. They can be pictorially quite intense - rather helpful for
id'ing obscure plants. FB also helps me keep in more immediate touch
with friends from other parts of the world, which is also useful.
Very occasionally, I'm guilty of a mindless or utterly
inconsequential comment on my own page, but no-one has to read that
or respond to it. As for Twitter, I'm afraid I simply cannot get on
with it. I find the truncated comments all too annoying so I hardly
ever look in nowadays. You get what you want from social 'meeja' and
if you look for tripe, you'll find plenty. I don't, so I hardly ever
see it.

I have to say I prefer Google+ to FB, if only because the "circles"
concept seems more logical.