Old 01-12-2013, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default I don't believe it

On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 08:50:54 +0000, David Hill
wrote:

At around 5.45am this morning I had a very rude awakening, I was sound
asleep but I must have felt something on my face, I brushed it off only
to have it sting me.
After a hunt of around 5 mins I found the bugger and killed it, it
turned out to be a Queen Wasp.it certainly woke me.
Not the way to have my Wasp desensitization put to the test. It's close
to 6 years since I was last stung and getting on for 20 years since I
had the course, this is only my 4th sting since the treatment.
Now 4 hours on my cheek is throbbing but no great reaction, so the
treatment is still working.
I must say I've never seen a wasp this late in the year let alone been
stung by one in December.
David @ a still frost free and dry side of Swansea bay

I think someone had posted a warning for beekeepers on the beekeeping
forum this week that they still had wasps about.

Ouch though!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk