Old 01-12-2013, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default spot touch-on weedkillers - recommendations?

In article ,
says...

"Martin Brown" wrote (SNIP)

I find that a 12" screwdriver is the best way to spot weed an established
lawn of dandelions. Very satisfying to get the entire carrot root out in
one go.

Yes, I also use an old large knackered screwdriver for weeding the grass and
indeed other jobs where precision is paramount like digging our seedlings
from the border.

The previous owner of our previous house left behind a weed-extracting
tool which is like a screwdriver except it's forked at the business end
to fit either side of a taproot. It's not bad but I find an army
survival dagger faster to use. Apparently every boyscout in J's troop
was armed with one from Army and Navy. (What great shops those were).

People lacking a dagger, could use an old carving knife.

Janet.