Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rbel[_2_] rbel[_2_] is offline

Default I don't believe it

On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 13:11:24 +0000, Stephen Wolstenholme

On 2013-12-01 08:50:54 +0000, David Hill said:

At around 5.45am this morning I had a very rude awakening, I was sound
asleep but I must have felt something on my face, I brushed it off only
to have it sting me.
After a hunt of around 5 mins I found the bugger and killed it, it
turned out to be a Queen Wasp.it certainly woke me.
Not the way to have my Wasp desensitization put to the test. It's close
to 6 years since I was last stung and getting on for 20 years since I
had the course, this is only my 4th sting since the treatment.
Now 4 hours on my cheek is throbbing but no great reaction, so the
treatment is still working.
I must say I've never seen a wasp this late in the year let alone been
stung by one in December.
David @ a still frost free and dry side of Swansea bay

Ouch, how nasty! Glad the treatment's worked though. We had a wasp
flying around the bathroom the other day and one was trying to get in
the window of my study. Makes me wonder if they intended to head for
the attic!

Why? What's in the attic?

If it is anything like ours, a mountain of storage boxes. I was
fitting some remote control lighting kit in ours last week and a large
wasp was very inquisitive for a while, which reminded me that when we
moved in we found one of their wonderfully constructed 'paper' nests
attached to a rafter.
--
rbel