Old 02-12-2013, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
News[_2_] News[_2_] is offline

Default I don't believe it

On 01/12/2013 10:25, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 08:50:54 +0000, David Hill
wrote:

I must say I've never seen a wasp this late in the year let alone been
stung by one in December.

There was a queen wasp in my bathroom yesterday. I sprayed it with a
little water so I could catch it and then put it out of the window.

I was sitting in front of the wood burning stove on Saturday when out of
the blue, a loud buzzing started and a huge wasp flew across the room.

I presume it had been 'hibernating' but was brought in the house with
the wood. As soon as it warmed up it was presumably full of the joys of
spring and got out of the wood basket just in time to avoid a more
serious warming.

I didn't want to share the house with it so 'encouraged' it out of the
door - don't know if that was too much of a shock before it found a new
spot.

I've been stung in the woodpile (well, actually on the hand) before now
- a popular winter place for mama wasp, it seems.

--
regards
andy