Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Black currants breaking bud, roses still in flower

"Martin Brown" wrote

This recent calm spell of very mild November weather looks like it is going
to cause some trouble. I noticed yesterday we still have roses out and
geraniums in good flower again (although showing some frost damage). But
the most amazing thing is that the blackcurrants are coming back into leaf!
This spells doom for them if the icy winter blast materialises on Friday as
the weathermen predict.

There are still a few oak trees with most of their leaves (yellow) on.
Again a decent winter storm will see them off too.

I've given in and tidied up our gardens in the last two days, pruned all the
roses (including cutting off flower buds) and cut down other things that
should be dead by now but were still in full leaf (eg, Glads). Noticed that
the Cyclamen are taking over our front garden, seedlings everywhere this
year, never a problem.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.