Old 03-12-2013, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default This is heartening

"Jeff Layman" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Sacha" wrote

http://www.rhs.org.uk/News/Success-s...culture-career

I wonder why they don't mention my friend, took early
retirement/redundancy
from being a Bank Manager at 47 and talked RHS Wisley into employing him
(
I'll work 7 days free and if I'm no good you can look me in the eye and
tell
me to leave) became second wheelbarrow man, his words, and is now a
senior
gardener in fruit.

Senior gardener in fruit??? He must have flowered particularly well this
summer! :-)

Yes, OK.
The RHS still use the old system where they have gardeners for the Fruit
Department, gardeners for the Borders Dept, the Hedging Team, the Grass
Cutting Team, the Glasshouse gardeners, etc and hardly ever any movement
between these teams.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.