Old 03-12-2013, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default OT Wedding flowers!

On 03/12/2013 19:16, sacha wrote:
One of my daughters has just become engaged and Raymond is under
starter's orders to plant up some *beautiful* tubs/pots/containers etc.
for next year, in the hope/expectation we'll need to decorate church and
marquee. I've had that slightly baffled response men seem to give to
wedding plans - "what are you worrying about?"

Nice bit of fun Sacha,
Any idea what part of the year it will be?
I'd forget about tubs and troughs, and just go for pots that could then
be used plunged into troughs and tubs so that you are using the best,
I'd top the pots off when they are in the troughs with moss, if in the
church then it wont make a mess like peat or bark etc could, also it can
be raised if a pot is taller than the container.
Remember black pots don't show up as much as terracotta ones.
I'd be treating it like some of the displays I've done for flower shows.
By using pots you can also use smaller shrubs etc
Have fun
David @ a still dry side of Swansea Bay