Old 04-12-2013, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Selective grass-killer?

G'day all,

Does anyone know of a chemical or commercial weedkiller that kills grass
but not other types of greenery? A lot of grass has sprung up throughout a
few sq mtrs where I was cutivating 'sedum rupestre', a.k.a. blue stonecrop.
Much of the stonecrop is very shallow-rooted, as I used curttings of the
runners, within the last few months, which are, as yet, still very shallow-
rooted indeed. If I simply pull the grass out by hand, most of the
stonecrop will get pulled up as well. There are other reasons why I don't
want to disturb the soil too much.

Thank you...

Al