Old 04-12-2013, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Selective grass-killer?

On 04/12/2013 10:25, AL_n wrote:
G'day all,

Does anyone know of a chemical or commercial weedkiller that kills grass
but not other types of greenery? A lot of grass has sprung up throughout a
few sq mtrs where I was cutivating 'sedum rupestre', a.k.a. blue stonecrop.
Much of the stonecrop is very shallow-rooted, as I used curttings of the
runners, within the last few months, which are, as yet, still very shallow-
rooted indeed. If I simply pull the grass out by hand, most of the
stonecrop will get pulled up as well. There are other reasons why I don't
want to disturb the soil too much.

Thank you...

Al

There was one available ears ago (the name escapes me) but it went the
way of most herbicides and pesticides when the EU required
reregistration for all such chemicals.

AFAIAA there are none approved in the EU for amateurs. I do not know if
even those approved for professional use would be allowed for the
purpose you would want it for.

--

Jeff