Old 04-12-2013, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Compost heap too wet - what to do?

Can I use a spare plastic wheelie bin to make compost?

Don't see why not, provided you drill a few holes in the bottom to let
the juice out, allow it to breathe, and ensure the holes are in
contact with soil to encourage worms up into it. For breathing, holes
at the bottom of the sides may be better than underneath. But I can't
think it'll hold very much.

Depends if you own the bin or if the council provided it.
If it came from the council then it's on indefinite loan and they could
take action if you damage their property.
Many councils provide compost bins. some charge, some are free.