Old 05-12-2013, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default This is heartening

On 2013-12-04 21:38:32 +0000, kay said:

'Sacha[_11_ Wrote:
;996062']

I know that these possibilities exist. It's the quantity of colleges
that needs improving.
-

DfE figures show that almost a third of 16-18 year olds are in FE
colleges - more than are in maintained schools. And the figures for 18
year olds are 18% in FE colleges, 3.4% in maintained schools.

That doesn't look like an under-provision of FE colleges

'House of Commons - Participation by 16-19 year olds in education and
training - Education' (http://tinyurl.com/b429jpd)

How many offer horticultural training, I wonder - which was the start
of this thread with regard to the RHS link. If Alan Titchmarsh thinks
we need to encourage more young people to regard horticulture as a
career and the PM thinks we need more collegess, perhaps they know
something we don't! We quite often have young people working here,
sometimes just for a year or two, while doing an RHS diploma but most
of our staff won't see 30 again or north of that!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com