Old 06-12-2013, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Ivy

In article ,
says...

"Anne" wrote in message

I have removed all the ivy off a fence (no easy job!!)

I now need to kill the roots.

Suggestions please.

You will probably find that the roots die very quickly.

If only! IME big old ivy stumps are zombies who arise from the
grave. (the ones I'm dealing with are 2" diameter).

Buy a tree-root-killing toxin from GC. It should be applied shortly
after the stems were cut before they seal over . I cover treated stumps
with a tied-on plastic bag hat to keep livestock off and make sure the
stuff doesn't wash away before doing its work.

Janet