Old 07-12-2013, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil Cook Phil Cook is offline

Default OT Wedding flowers!

On 2013-12-05 22:17:49 +0000, Bill Grey said:

"sacha" wrote in message
One of my daughters has just become engaged and Raymond is under
starter's orders to plant up some *beautiful* tubs/pots/containers etc.
for next year, in the hope/expectation we'll need to decorate church
and marquee. I've had that slightly baffled response men seem to give
to wedding plans - "what are you worrying about?"

Well, some mothers /do/ go into orbit don't they...:-)

Well, I thought it was a bit unfair, considering he can become a tad
irritated with brides or mums who turn up two weeks before the wedding
and expect us to find burgeoning containers and large mature plants for
them! The main thing is to set the date and book the church and that
has been done! The rest is just a big party afterwards and a 'what
shall we wear?' thing for the girls!

As a clergywoman I know says. "For a wedding all you need are a
couple, a minister and two witnesses. Everything else is extras."
--
Phil Cook