Old 08-12-2013, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Almost nothing grows here. Any advice?

On 8 Dec 2013 18:53:22 GMT, Emery Davis wrote:

I agree with whoever suggested Rowan, maybe even some of the selections
like Sorbus rockii. From the maple group, most sycamores (and there are
lots) should do well, ...

I'd forgotten about sycamore, we have a few of those, they might be a
bit more vigorous than the rowan. SWMBO'd (the real gardener here)
wanted to take 'em out before they took over and started seeding all
over the place. I talked her out of it on the basis that if they did
well they'd provide some shelter for the other trees and any
seedlings would be easy to just pull up.

--
Cheers
Dave.