Old 09-12-2013, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,aus.gardens
news13 news13 is offline

Default Leave garlic in the ground for next year??

On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 19:58:30 +1100, Jeßus wrote:

Thanks very much Bob, exactly the info I needed.
The tops on mine are starting to brown... so it looks like I'll be
harvesting soon. I might go mad and plant three rows of garlic between
my fruit tree rows next year, seems to be a good market for it where I
live. Cheers.

I wish you luck on that. Australian garlic is $14/kg last I noticed here.
I hope there is a good market for you, but ask around before spending the
$$$. Cousin decided it wasn't worth his effort as the market was
saturated when he crop came in.