Old 12-12-2013, 10:34 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post
When you mention A. grosseri, it is usually A. hersi, which was previously considered a variety of A. grosseri, that people have in mind for the prettier bark - and that is the one that is more widely available. .
One of the best things I did was buy a packet of mixed Acer seeds. I now have quite a few acre trees, including 3 different snake barks all with very different leaves, and one with immensely shaggy bark. I identified them all once, but foolishly didn't make a note, so will have to have another look at them all this summer.