Old 12-12-2013, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default blackthorn flowering now (12 Dec)

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
On 12/12/2013 20:34, wrote:
In a farm hedge in west Devon (so an original sport not a cultivar someone has planted). Anyone else come across this? Should I propagate it out are there existing cultivars which do this?

It is a funny year. I have seen Japanese quince Chaenomeles in flower
with new fruit last week and we almost have snowdrops here. No flowers
yet but I will go and look in the warmest local spot this weekend.

Chaenomeles is always a bit odd. I have some that flower anywhere
between November and April, depending on something or other in the
weather.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.