Old 14-12-2013, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Have I missed something?

wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 17:04:33 +0000, David Hill
wrote:

I know that I am a bit old fashioned and stuck in my ways but have I
missed something along the way?
I bought a litre of Gold top milk in Tesco a couple of days ago and the
label states

"Tesco finest milk
from purebred Jersey and Guernsey cows"

"Made in the traditional way."

Is there any other?

Is it homogenised? Most shop milk is now, which is why you don't get
the cream floating on top.
Maybe Tesco have started selling an unhomogenised version as they can
see a market for people who want a creamy topped milk just like it
used to be.

G.Harman

When I was working it was common for me to buy a pint of milk form a mikman
I would encounter on his round. I asked one for a pint and he asked "
Pasturised, Sterilised. Homogenised or Jersey ? " We do we get those
choices any more ?

Bill