Old 17-12-2013, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default African Lilly problem

In 2009 I purchased an African Lilly, it flowered in 2010. It got a Tomarite
feed. It hasn't flowered since.

We're 500' amsl and East facing, sop we get the same Winter temps as
Dartmoor (25 miles to the East). Each year, the frosts have reduced the
foliage to jelly. Last year I placed a frost fleece box around. The leaves
survived but it didn't work and it looks pretty ugly :-

Last Winter http://s20.postimg.org/riaiuqmgd/IMG_3248.jpg

As you can see from this pic taken today, the plant has spread and has
developed about 6 crowns:-

Today http://s20.postimg.org/a6a69asz1/P1000335.jpg

Q.1. Is it worth lifting the plant and moving to the East facing back
garden?

Q.2. If yes, can the plant be split into 6 plants?

Q.3. Should these be stored (dahlia style) and planted in Spring or can they
be replanted now. Thanks in anticipation.