Thread: Fouling By Cats
View Single Post
  #9   Report Post  
Old 17-12-2013, 04:40 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Dec 2013

Hello,

I am a researcher at Landmark Films, a documentary company based in Oxford who make films for BBC, ITV1, Channel 4 and Sky1. We are known for making access-led, intelligent, well crafted, warm and funny documentaries about human stories, different places and institutions. Our latest documentary series was Brain Doctors for BBC2, a three part series on the neurology department at the John Radcliffe Hospital.

In the new year we are due to start making a film about cats for the BBC. We would like to look at the UK's opinion on cats. We would like to make a balanced documentary and I wanted to involve bird watchers and lovers to get their opinions. Many people are having problems with the increasing number of feral cats in the UK, cats pooing on their gardens and killing birds in the area. The issue with cats killing birds has been raised by various scientific journals recently. I wanted to speak to anyone who is having a problem with cats in their garden or perhaps runs a business that is being affected.

Would anybody willing to have a chat with me about their cat problem?

Kind Regards,
Jessica Howe
Researcher
Landmark Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by careen View Post
Can anyone suggest how to stop cats fouling my front lawn, the street has about 7 cats and 1 in particular has started fouling on the grass, I managed to stop them fouling in flower beds, but trying to stop the grass foul is driving me nuts, I have seen him do this early hours of morning. tried sprays of cat repellant without sucess as we have had so much rain,
Anyone have advice please