Old 17-12-2013, 09:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gus[_4_] Gus[_4_] is offline

Default Turf War Blooms Over Front-Yard Vegetable Gardening

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message

...I'd speculate it's an eyesore or no one would have complained.

In the story, she said she has had one for 17 years, and got compliments
on it. Until this year. There was a pic in the original story online
that showed it looked well kept.

The best tomato plant I had this year was on the front side of my house
amongst some small holly bushes, basically the front yard. The ones in
the back were pitiful this year.. The one near the front of the house
grew like a beanstalk and produced some great heirloom tomatoes, which
the squirrel enjoyed. But I did get a dozen or so for myself too...
There was a perfect tomato that I was all excited about and watched a
few days. It was big and round and looked juicy and bright red. I
picked it, and as I did I felt a gaping hole in the back, and when I
turned it around and looked at it there was a squirrel sized mouthful
missing.