Old 23-12-2013, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Local hero Local hero is offline

Default Virburnum search/ID

Local hero wrote:

Greetings. I was in a large garden near Warrington last week and there
was a bush in full blossom (white/pink). Each head of blossom
consisted of a few trumpet like flowers bunched together. The
ngardener said it was viburnum xxxxxxx. The xxxx sounded someting
like nudeki (he pronounced it nude - e - and the lat bit sounded like
the word Pi, only with a k).

I've tried looking it up but can't find it even mentioned anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas.

I've found viburnum bodnantense 'Dawn', which seems to blossom at the
same time, with similar colouring. I've also found viburnum nudum, but
that's very different.

Many thanks

Thanks for the ideas folks. Viburnum bodnantense is the closest I've
got, but the actual blossom flowers are different in appearance.
Unfortunately the place was in the process of closing down and there
won't be anyone there now to ask. I'll settle for the bodnantense.

Thanks again