Old 24-12-2013, 11:59 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rance[_3_] View Post

On 2013-12-23 17:08:41 +0000, Derek Turner said:

millibars forecast over the Channels Islands overnight. Now that's what I
call a low.

950 here a couple of hours ago. According to the weather station at
Jersey airport at 10pm, it was 987 and falling. We hope everyone stays
safe and doesn't venture far afield until this has blown itself out!

My barometer shows only inches - 28.5. How do I convert that to
millibars?
To convert inches of mercury to millibars, multiply the inches value by 33.8637526
To convert millibars to inches of mercury, multiply the millibar value by 0.0295301.

Or use an online converter eg
Inches-Millibars Pressure Converter