Old 24-12-2013, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
RG[_3_] RG[_3_] is offline

Default OT Family and Friends at the Christmas Dinner

On 2013-12-22 19:26:33 +0000, Dave Liquorice said:

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 17:11:40 -0000, Mike wrote:

Will all of your family and friends be there?

Nope just us, nice and quiet and relaxed.

... one of the Olympic Torch carriers this year.

Last year, 2012... unless they carried the Winter Olympics I think
it's on the move now. B-)

A friend who lost his wife, ...

Bit careless, did he put her down somewhere and she ran off?

And everybody will have someone to remember.

Aye, being an orphan my Mum and Dad for two.

Morbid? Downbeat? Wrong time of the year to do this sort of thing?

Naw, we all gotta go, it's one of the very few certainties of life
FFS. Circumstances of one inevitable departure might not be what one
wishes but the is SFA you can do about it. Those left behind should
celebrate the life that has been. I'm leaving a few hundred quid to
each close family member so they have no (financial) reason not to
come to my funeral party and raise a glass.

And I doubt you'll boast about how wonderful you are to do it. To be
frank, Crowe's post appalled me, it's just dreadful in its vulgarity.
Yet again his ego takes precedence.

Presuming that I'm replying to the 'real' Sacha (I can't be bothered to
check the headers here).

To be even franker, many of your posts seem to indicate that you lack
in-depth knowledge of your subjects as they have little substance and appear
to be merely a means of exercising your egotism - along with the "I'm the
boss mentality giving the impression that you'll bloody well listen to me or
I'll killfile you etc".

Methinks your comments on Mr Crowe appear to be a touch of the kettle
calling the saucepan black!

Have a nice Christmas and may the new year be kinder to your obviously
ageing temperament.

As one very infrequent contributor to another, I will agree with you
that Sacha was probably unwise to make that response to Mike, and I
suspect that she now regrets it.

You should however bear in mind that she, like some others on this
newsgroup, has suffered many years of insult and taunting by him and
thus may perhaps be forgiven for a momentary loss of patience.

I do not however understand your suggestion that Sacha has a lack of
in-depth knowledge, such her detailed advice has benefitted many, many
people on this newsgroup. That comment could I am sure be refuted by the
overwhelming majority of the group.

As to your very last sentence, it appears that you yourself are not in
any position to comment on other posters' manners.

--
RG