Old 24-12-2013, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default 931

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 RG wrote:

On 24/12/2013 10:18, David Rance wrote:
On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 Martin wrote:

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 08:53:31 +0000, David Rance

On 2013-12-23 17:08:41 +0000, Derek Turner said:

millibars forecast over the Channels Islands overnight. Now that's
what I
call a low.

950 here a couple of hours ago. According to the weather station at
Jersey airport at 10pm, it was 987 and falling. We hope everyone stays
safe and doesn't venture far afield until this has blown itself out!

My barometer shows only inches - 28.5. How do I convert that to
millibars?

Use this http://www.csgnetwork.com/pressinmbcvt.html
28.5" = 965.1169490999999 millibars

Thanks!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news David, but even the millibars are
out of date. The correct international unit is now the hectopascal!
Fortunately one hectopascal = one millibar, so the conversion is not
too difficult.

Don't worry, I'm still using Centigrade (for temperature, of course).

David