Old 24-12-2013, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Weather Forecast

In article ,
says...

Here's hoping Janet up there in the very NW is well battened down, cosy and
safe.

Yes thankyou.

Even by Arran's standards, yesterday's heavy rain was summat else,
combined with high tides there was much road-flooding at sea level.
Today we have constant wild high wind (60+ ) but we are used to it and
well battened down with plenty of food, drink, books, games, and power
still on.. so not suffering :-) Doesn't look as if any ferries will run
today; but Calmac will review that later this afternoon.

Just glad not to be here and not travelling in the mainland conditions;
it sounds really grim over there.

Janet Isle of Arran.