Old 25-12-2013, 05:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default home grown spaghetti

Gus wrote:
Anyone ever grow their own spaghetti?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ugSKW4-QQ

I didn't watch the video but if you means spagetti squash I have tried
them. I found them rather bland and in need of a lot of smelly cheese,
seasoning etc.

The video is a real classic so you should watch it. As for spaghetti
squash, I agree completely -- completely flavorless and I've never found
anything that would make them tolerable. Real homemade spaghetti and other
sorts of flour/egg pastas are another thing entirely. Despite the time and
mess involved I make my own whenever I can. Fettuccine Alfredo with blue
crab. Lobster raviolis. Now that's real food.