Old 25-12-2013, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Be prepared!

"Roger Tonkin" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

I'm not thinking specifically Boy Scouts, moreof dealing with unfortunate
incidents.

This year I bought Turkey (medium) Crown. I don't have a proper oven but
usually manage very well with a combination Microwave and/or halogen
oven.
Well the crown wouldn't fit the Microwave, so it was going to be the
halogen
oven.

Damned thing has gone U/S

The crown was bisected and each breast cooked in turn in a roasting bag
in
the Microwave.

One way or another we WILL have Christmas dinner :-)

Bill

At least you got a cooked Christmas dinner. What about
those poor souls in England that have no electricity,
and wont have until tomorrow!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

You don't have to tell me about such things, I was off supply for 5 days
back in the storms of 1980 just before Christmas. I was working for South
Wales Electricity at the time and was engaged in restoring supplies in West
Wales. All our problem was a loose LV line tap and we were only one of about
four or five houses affected depending on which phase we were being fed
from.

Happy days :-)

Bill