Old 27-12-2013, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rbel[_2_] rbel[_2_] is offline

Default Poinsettias are just for Xmas?

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 13:47:53 +0000, Fuschia
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 13:25:11 +0000, Jim S wrote:

Looking at the scores of unsold poinsettias in my local supermarket, it
made me wonder what % of the world's poinsettias actually get sold.

and how many of those received as gifts are looked after and not
thrown out at New Year.

I don't know but probably the great majority. Not very keen on them.
however about 30 years ago I saw one that was really spectacular and
quite unforgettable. It was located in a private garden on the
eastern outskirts of Chania in Crete and it was at least 10 feet tall
with a 15 feet spread. I must see if I can dig up a photo.
--
rbel