Old 29-12-2013, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default animal id please

"kay" wrote

I saw a small animal scurrying around in the undergrowth near a suburban
retail park towards dusk - light silvery grey, size and shape of a very
well fed grey squirrel. But wrong behaviour for a squirrel - and when it
came out on to the grass, I saw it had a long thin tail. Unless anyone
has a better idea, it is probably a rat - but it was too light a colour
for a rat, and the head was too large and too rounded.

Any water near there? Like a small stream or similar. I'm thinking Water
Vole.
Lots of photos here...
http://www.arkive.org/water-vole/arv...ge-A22614.html
--