Old 29-12-2013, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default animal id please

"Janet" wrote in message
In article , kay.d35e955
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...

I saw a small animal scurrying around in the undergrowth near a suburban
retail park towards dusk - light silvery grey, size and shape of a very
well fed grey squirrel. But wrong behaviour for a squirrel - and when it
came out on to the grass, I saw it had a long thin tail. Unless anyone
has a better idea, it is probably a rat - but it was too light a colour
for a rat, and the head was too large and too rounded.

polecat? A neighbour used to keep them for rabbiting; his were greyish
and the size was midway between a stoat and a ferret.

Janet

I considered this, but they don't have roundish heads.