Old 31-12-2013, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Here we go...

On 2013-12-31 15:04:30 +0000, David Hill said:

On 31/12/2013 14:21, sacha wrote:
…into another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for
everyone! Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy 2014
everyone!

I agree, lets hope for a better year to come, but Rain at night?
Last nights offering was only 1/3rd of an inch (on top of the 2.4
inches we had over Xmas) just to keep the mud topped up.
David @ a rain free(for a few hours) side of Swansea bay

Okay Mr Picky - rain at night in the hot summer we are going to have.
Ray left a double sized wheelbarrow outside and in two (separate) days
of rain it was full to the brim. I saw a photo of the river at Dawlish
today and it was nearly touching the arch of the bridge, only a couple
of feet off it, I'd think. We took the grandson and Oscar Underfoot
for a walk at Stitchwick on Dartmoor yesterday and have never seen so
much standing water there. You could see that, in places, the Dart had
lapped so far over its normal channel that river debris had been washed
up 50 or 60' onto the grass in places. Places that are always a bit
damp, dew ponds etc., were now 3" or more deep in water and there's more
to come.
(Listen to Chepstow Radio tonight. You may recognise a voice! )

What time?