Old 01-01-2014, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Here we go...

On 01/01/14 11:13, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 10:31:18 +0000, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 01/01/14 09:18, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 14:21:43 +0000, sacha wrote:

…into another new year and I hope, some happy gardening times for
everyone! Let's hope for sunny days and rain at night only! Happy
2014 everyone!

At exactly midnight our central heating combi boiler died. :-((((((((((

For anything containing a computer and connector, I'd have said it
was a leap-second bug Unfortunately it almost certainly isn't
connected to the internet and a leap-second definitely wasn't
added this year, so I doubt that is the case!
http://www.timeanddate.com/time/leap-seconds-future.html

Good luck getting it fixed.

Fixed it by giving up using the reset button and instead unplugging it and then
plugging it in again. What they call in Germany a " housewife's reset".

I've had to do that with mine, possibly as a result of brownouts.

Worryingly it failed while on. Memo to self: ask manufacturer
which protection mechanism would have prevented my house burning
down