Old 01-01-2014, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default What a start to the year

On 2014-01-01 11:12:40 +0000, David Hill said:

Happy new year folks,
What a start, already with last nights rain/hail we have had 1.2
inches and water is running everywhere, pouring off the fields above
and just rushing down the track like a river.
It's a good job we are high up and on sloping ground so no chance of
major flooding.
Hope no one gets washed away over the next few days.
David @ a very wet side of Swansea Bay.

Foul and disgusting weather here, even dripping through onto the stone
flags where a porch joins an outside door! It takes some rain and wind
power to achieve that! We had to forego the New Year's Day flower count!

Foul weather here, too. Ugh!. It wasn't until it was dark that I
remembered the NYD Flower count. First time I've missed it. Mind you,
I did have a minor emergency earlier in the day which completely
distracted me. We'll all have to wait for next NYD now.

I'm sure a day or so late wont matter that much.

I hope Spider's emergency really was minor and while I won't be able to
do ours tomorrow, thanks to family commitments, I'll hope to do it on
Friday, weather permitting.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com