Old 02-01-2014, 01:20 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek[_6_] View Post
I plan to buy a 8 by 20 greenhouse this year, to keep the view from
the house, it would look better if the greenhouse was erected South to
North, how much dif fence will it make, rather than the conventional
East to West.
My 10 x 16 greenhouse is N to S. Light levels are far more affected by the vegetation around. I concentrate on keeping the roof as clear of vegetation as possible, and the S end. I suppose it depends on what you're planning to use it for - mine is cacti, plus tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers in the summer and overwintering geraniums etc in winter.

There are so many factors governing how successful you are, so have one sub-optimal factor won't feature large in the overall scheme of things - especially as by having a large greenhouse you've given yourself an advantage in stability of temperatures.