Old 02-01-2014, 01:24 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Tweedy[_3_] View Post
On 01/01/2014 16:46, sacha wrote:
t takes some rain and wind power to achieve that! We had to forego the
New Year's Day flower count!
--

Indeed, weather does not cheer anyone up at the moment.
Today is such a contrast! Just back from a gentle walk in the sunshine, through local parks and up to the high ground at the edge of town, where we watched a flock of lapwings - not a bird we were expecting to see so close to the urban edge - and a very close-up red kite, so beautiful. Then on the way back, the redwings were out in force on the whitebeams in the gardens.