Old 26-04-2003, 11:20 AM
Andrew G

Default fretalizing

"evan" wrote in message
thanks for that andrew. well, the plants concerned about are the
rhodadendrons, camelias and azalias( i have more questions about them
soon as well).and also the tree furns which took a battering. tho those
things seem to bounce back from almost anything. well see how we go.
cheers,

evan.

I've noticed the Camellias at my fathers place are in full flower,
Sasanqua(sp?) variety anyway, the Japonica's not far off it, perhaps
2-3weeks away.
Camellias here at our place are Japonicas.
So if your's are flowering now, then they are probably Sasanqua, but not yet
flowering, they may be Japonica. Well this is on the Mid-North Coast,
perhaps your area could be different.
Just keep a check on the Azaleas, I've noticed the ones at work are getting
Azalea Lace Bug.
I am not sure if this is a season for it, or it can happen anytime. Hard to
explain the damage, lets say spotty leaves, light coloured spots. Guess at
worse you could say the leaves are badly discoloured.
If you look under the leaf, you may find the Azalea Lace Bug. I could
describe it as a fly shape bug, much smaller though, with wings that look
like that are made of lace work.
Tree ferns should be ok. Just keep them in moist/damp soil (not wet). Even
give the fronds a light mist every now and then, but not in the hot sun or
they will burn.

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply