Old 04-01-2014, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Flowering on New Year's day

On 2014-01-03 15:37:37 +0000, Bill Grey said:

"Roger Tonkin" wrote in message

SFA

Apart from a couple of troughs of winter pansies!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

You beat me though :-)

Bill

Better late than never! Today in the garden we have flowering, a
variegated Lamium, Fuchsia microphylla, Rhododendron Christmas Cheer,
Lonicera purpusii, Viburnum tinus, Sarcococca confusa, Sarcococca
Purple Stem, a single unknown white Camellia with a very small flower,
Mahonia lomarifolia, Mahonia Winter Sun, Mahonia baileyii, Berberis
Darwinii, unknown Berberis, a white lace cap Hydrangea which is more
holding on than actually flowering and the same for a mobcap Hydrangea,
Salvia confertiflora also holding on, Nemesia Bluebird, Camellia
Cherub, Camellia sasanqua Narumigata, Jasminum nudiflorum, Chaenomeles
Knaphill Scarlet, white Vinca, Clematis balearica, Hamamelis mollis,
Daphne laureola philippi, winter Heliotrope, Lonicera tartarica, a Bay
tree, Buddleia officinalis, (we think) Euonymus hamiltonianus, Pieris
Mountain Fire, low-growing cream flowered Comfrey, probably
C.officinale, Mahonia Charity.
Some of these are flowering quite profusely, others are just holding on
like the Hydrangeas and others like Lonicera tartarica are slowly
building to flowering more strongly.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com