Old 06-01-2014, 05:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mjciccarel@gmail.com is offline

Default 2014

Good News Bad News for me at the start of this year.
Bad, I have a green house full of white flies. They are killing my pepper plants but have not bothered the maturing peppers so I have just let it go. When the peppers are done I will get the pots out and probably get rid of the dirt in order to start over. I sprayed the barely affected cabbage and broccoli plants and am hoping it will be enough to keep them alive until I can get them in the ground next month.
In the good news
The tomato plant has stopped producing but there are new shoots on the stem so I cut it back and will just wait for new growth. I have some peas to transplant by the end of the week into the hydroponics and should have peas through out the winter. I started my pepper plants inside 2 days ago and already have some germination. Hopefully the tomatoes won't be long.
Hope everyone is well and keeping warm and safe. Sure seems like crazy weather so far.

MU