Old 07-01-2014, 12:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Customer survey

On 2014-01-06 23:49:43 +0000, Janet said:

On 06/01/2014 19:08, sacha wrote:I'm asking this because, frankly,
we have been shocked to see certain plants sold for £20 which, we're
fairly sure, will arrive in a 10cm pot, which means a small plant with a
small root system. We searched the ad and the website of the nursery
involved and see no reference to pot sizes at all.

If there's no reference to pot size at all, why are you so sure it's
10cm ?

Janet

'fairly sure'. Experience of what others experience and talk to us
about, both customers and other nurserymen. Some garden centres and
nurseries give pot sizes, quite a lot don't. But Ray is going to ring
tomorrow and ask. If it's a good size plant, I see no reason not to
give that information as it's an additional selling point. I'm not
going to name the shrub but it's not so rare that £20 is justified for
anything small. The p&p is cheap so either the plants are small, and
are sent in those blister packs, or the cost of p&p has been added to
the plants so as to make it appear less to the customer.

But my chief reason for raising the subject is to discover whether the
average customer would know what the pot size is if it is given as e.g.
1 or 2 or 5 litres. I am thinking that it might be more helpful to our
customers to give the diameter of the pot's lip, hence my curiosity as
to what people expect to receive.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com