Old 07-01-2014, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Blue sky and hail

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"Roger Tonkin" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
I cannot begin to imagine
what it would be like to be on a train near Dawlish now anyway, if the
trains from this side are running!

Heard on the lunchtime news about 500 odd people stuck
in three trains in a snow bound USA for over 14 hours!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

It took us 14 hrs to get from Bristol to Edingburgh some years ago. The
train was delayed ue to snow and freezing conditions. After a prescribed
period of delay the Railway Co provided free buffet and tea etc. It was
interesting walking back to our carriage carrying a cup of tea in each hand
in a rocking carriage when the lights went out - total blackness!

Bill

During my National Service in the Royal Navy, I actually hitch hiked from
Nottingham to Edinburgh quicker then the Railways could do it!!

Loooooooooong story which is in print somewhere

http://www.worldnavalships.com/forum...ad.php?t=15761

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk
www.hmscollingwoodassociation.com