Old 08-01-2014, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Customer survey

On 2014-01-08 15:24:03 +0000, Chris Hogg said:

On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 13:49:41 +0000, sacha wrote:

I intend to photograph the range of empty pots and give the imperial
and metric diameters, as you suggest.

Is there any point in actually photographing the pots? It's impossible
to judge the size of a pot just by a photograph of the pot alone,
unless there's something familiar to everyone and of standard size
that's also in the picture and by which to judge the size of the pot.

I've photographed 1, 2 and 3 litre pots and given their measurements
and volume. I think seeing the 3 together gives a good idea of size,
especially with their measurements across. I'm not concerned with the
pot height because every plant or type of plant will be different.
Although we grow plants in very much larger pots, too, obviously, we
rarely send out more than a 2 or 3.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com