Old 08-01-2014, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Floods?

"David Rance" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:

We seem to be on the edge of their maps so nothing local there for us I
can find. The Thames does react slowly both ways, it takes a long time
to come up and a similar long time to go down. The River Mole I used to
fish you could actually see it rising after rain.

Whatever the Thames does in Oxford on one day it will do in Reading the
next. That's how long it takes for the water to flow down river. So I
guess that where you are will be another day later still. Purley on
Thames (just up river from Reading) is badly affected so it'll be on
it's way down to you soon - tomorrow or the next day!

The warning said it would still be rising for the next three days.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.