Old 08-01-2014, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Customer survey

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message

On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 13:49:41 +0000, sacha wrote:

I intend to photograph the range of empty pots and give the imperial
and metric diameters, as you suggest.

Is there any point in actually photographing the pots? It's impossible
to judge the size of a pot just by a photograph of the pot alone,
unless there's something familiar to everyone and of standard size
that's also in the picture and by which to judge the size of the pot.

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales

Chris in Percy Whiting's book "The Five Great Rules of Selling"

http://www.worldcat.org/title/five-g...=di&ht=edition

the first Rule is ATTENTION and whilst Sacha has really gone to town on this
pot size thing in her advertising here and on Gardenbanter, a striking photo
would be superb and show what it is all about, by comparison. But comparison
to 'what'?

Now if it was me I would bring an element of 'Common knowledge' into the
advertising. Let me explain. A few years back I wanted publicity for the RN
Shipmates System, a system for those who had served in the Royal Navy to
find those they had served with many and not so many years ago. I wanted a
'catchy' title to my press releases. ""I collect Sailors"" was the title. It
worked. I had publicity in hundreds of local newspapers and was interviewed
on nearly all BBC Local Radio Stations.

Comparison. To what? A tin of Heinz Tomato Soup

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk
www.hmscollingwoodassociation.com
www.rneba.org.uk