Old 08-01-2014, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Blue sky and hail

On 07/01/2014 21:45, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 16:12:56 +0000, Spider wrote:

Heard on the lunchtime news about 500 odd people stuck
in three trains in a snow bound USA for over 14 hours!

How truly horrible. I wonder if they had any heat or food!

I would like to think so considering how blooming cold bits of the US
of A are. Cold that you really don't want to get involved with. I
wonder if everyone would stay spread out down the train in their
seats or would some one suggest all getting together in one or two
coaches to keep each other mutually warm? The ones on the outside
rotating with those on the inside every few hours. Pick coaches next
to the engine if that is still running and disconnect the tail of the
train so only those coaches that need to be heated/lit are.

I'd be more worried about needing a toilet!

Trains have loos but they might get a bit yuky after a while but when
you gotta go, you gotta go ...

The local trains I've travelled on rarely have a loo, yukky or
otherwise. Drinks are avoided ;~)

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London