Old 09-01-2014, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Is this ethical?

On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 13:38:06 +0000, Janet wrote:

You honestly don't find that this description and the AGM are intended
to be seen as applying to the seeds they're selling?

No. As a gardener, I wouldn't mistake tree SEEDS to have an RHS AGM
award because of the potential for crossfertilisation.

I'm afraid you'd be mistaken then. On the very same site they sell seeds
for Acer campestre, which has also recieved the AGM. Campestre only
extremely rarely hybridises and seeds may be expected to be true to type.

So to answer the original question, Janet, you don't believe this is
unethical practice?

No, I'd classify it as too obvious and trivial to be intentional
deception.

OK, noted.

-E

--