Old 11-01-2014, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_3_] Janet Tweedy[_3_] is offline

Default Floods?

On 08/01/2014 10:53, David Rance wrote:
Sonning Bridge over the Thames near Reading has been closed for a couple
of days and the road from Playhatch to Sonning (B478) is flooded. I got
through ok on Sunday though the water wasn't far off the level of the
road, but now it's impassable. I have to go that way (to Easthampstead
Park Crematorium to play for a funeral) on Thursday and it looks as
though I shall have to go across Reading Bridge. But with flooding here
and there, and consequent traffic chaos, I think I shall allow a couple
of hours where the journey would normally take me half an hour. Road
drains are not taking the water away and so there are many places around
here where the water is across the roads.

Mentioning Playhatch, there is a garden centre there by the roundabout.
On Sunday it was ok, but now the car park is completely flooded so
they've had to close. There is a pub nearby called the Flowing Spring.
Never was a pub so aptly named!

David

All, round Reading the ditches are very very full. I went from Camberely
cross country to Swallowfield the other night and the ditches were at
least the level of the roads with water spilling out all along the route.

--
Janet Tweedy
South Buckinghamshire

---