Old 11-01-2014, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tar oil replacement

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:

We got no apples this year, because of catastrophic woolly aphid.

Correction. Rosy apple aphid. I should have checked first.

I believe Vitax still do a winter wash for fruit trees but based on plant
oils, there may be others.

They do. It's a mixture of sesame oil and fish oils - i.e. it's
actually suitable for use in cooking! That's the sort of thing
that doesn't sound at all effective to me, and the recommendations
I have seen confirm that :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Hope not! I am going to try it this year.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs